Thursday, March 09, 2006

Zeolite Day 15

I was so happy to hear these comments today about Demi:

This from a note home from her teacher: "Did better tracing names and shapes. You must be working on it at home."
Yes, we've been working on it at home, but no more than we've been working on skills all along.

This from her bus driver/monitor: "While she was buckling her seatbelt, she said plain as day, "I'm going to get a lollipop today." If you'd ever heard Demi talk, you'd know that "plain as day" was RARELY ever used to describe her utterances, particularly a whole sentence.

Neither her teacher nor bus driver knows that I've been giving her NCD or anything else. I started giving her fish oil just three days ago. I believe that her speech is becoming much clearer, but, since I know about the NCD and I'm her mother, I don't trust myself to be objective. ;)

The real test will come next Wednesday when we see her speech therapist. It will have been 4 weeks since she saw Demi and Demi will have been on NCD for 3 weeks & fish oil for 1 week. (Normally Demi gets private speech therapy once a week, but scheduling and illnesses stretched this interval way out.) Although you would expect an improvement over 4 weeks, I'll be interested to hear her estimation of the extent of improvement. Demi's progress thusfar has been slow but fairly steady.

No comments: