Thursday, January 04, 2007

Detox Symptoms

Almost two weeks later now (my, how time flies through the holidays!).

Less than a week after the last post, Demi had been taking usually 10 drops 2x/day of cellular zeolite, just because I was forgetting the third dose. Last Friday, she suddenly came down with cold-like symptoms - runny/snotty nose, coughing, tired, red eyes. Her eyes got more red on Saturday and by Sunday, I was convinced it was pink eye. Luckily, we had some leftover drops to use, so it didn't get too bad and didn't infect her sister. She is still coughing a bit and has laryngitis.

A couple of other mothers over at AutismNCD mentioned seeing very similar symptoms, so I strongly suspect that Demi is getting detox symptoms from the increased dose. It just took 1.5 weeks to show up. If that's the case, I guess I need to back off the dose a bit so she can get back to normal. It's no fun being sick, even if you're detoxing and not really sick.

We also ran out of ThreeLac a few weeks ago. I wasn't sure it was helping that much, since I wasn't totally convinced Demi had a yeast problem. Lately, I've been noticing that she doesn't listen very well. Could that be part of the equation, too? It's difficult figuring out what works, what doesn't, what works with what, etc, etc. It's all a balancing act and you're never quite sure what things you're supposed to be balancing.

Oh, by the way, did I mention that I've partnered with Team In Training and will be running the ING Atlanta Marathon (yes, that's 26 miles. ugh!) in March. All donations go to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society for finding a cure for those diseases. Check out my TNT website for training updates (14 miles scheduled this weekend) and to donate.

No comments: