Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Another "Restart"

Demi had a bit of a break over the weekend to get rid of her detox symptoms. Yesterday, she had 5 drops, 3x/day. Today up to 6, 3x/day. We'll hold at 8 drops (24/day) through Monday and then progress more slowly. Perhaps what she went through was what they call a "detox crash" over on AutismNCD.

We also have ThreeLac again now, so I'm giving her two sachets of that a day to hopefully improve her latest regression of not listening. It was so nice having her be SO compliant just a few weeks ago. She would even do things without being asked and was quite tuned in to helping out, even cleaning up her room without being asked. Lately, she's been off in her own world, not caring what anyone else is doing. For me, it's rather difficult to see the benefits until you see a regression back to what it used to be.

I've mentioned that I'm giving her fish oil before, but I don't know that I've ever said how much. I give her about 2T/day. Regular dose is 1 tsp/day, so she gets about 6 times the normal dose. Because Kabuki may be related to insufficient myelination, I believe she needs all the EFA's I can get into her. She's very good about taking her liquid fish oil.

No comments: