Thursday, December 27, 2007

Alternative Medicine

Close to a month ago, I took Demi to a local alternative health practitioner. A super nice lady. She explained everything about the machine she was using and answered all my questions. I had no misconceptions of what she might be able to do.

I went because I'm open to alternative methods of attaining health. I don't believe conventional medicine knows everything about the energy of life within each human being.

The testing revealed some interesting possibilities that might be going within Demi's various systems. Over the course of the testing, she "treated" Demi periodically with the machine, a process similar to "reverse biofeedback." Perhaps it sounds hokey, but, like I said, I'm open to the possibilities.

Among other things, the testing revealed insecticides contributing to her toxic load. It did not show specific heavy metal toxicity. It also revealed consistent stomach problems which can often contribute to imbalances in other organs. The insecticides and stomach issues showed up as part of every organ analysis, so I elected to start a homeopathic remedy for the insecticides and digestive enzymes for the stomach issues.

Interestingly, the test also hinted at possible blood sugar regulation issues, something she has never shown signs of. She has even had a normal fasting blood sugar analysis. The test indicated that the pancreas might be under stress.

That's interesting to me because kids with Kabuki sometimes have blood sugar issues, largely masked until a crisis arises. One child even had undiagnosed hypoglycemia which subsequently led to her death following a routine surgery.

Just recently, I learned that another Kabuki kid (18yo, I think) was recently diagnosed with Type I Diabetes, where the pancreas shuts down insulin production, possibly caused by a virus. Could this test be indicating the very beginning of a problem where I could head off the onset of diabetes? That's a stretch, but a possibility.

Although the treatment could have positively impacted Demi's learning abilities and attention span, I have to say that I have not seen that (even through my rose-colored glasses). But I still believe the supplements we're giving her are helping, although very slowly.

The treatment did seem to coincide with a sudden onset of fatigue, fever, and general illness. Prior to the test, Demi was already suffering from a cold. Following the treatment, she became exceptionally tired and missed two days of school - lots of congestion and fever. I took her to the Dr during that to make sure her ears weren't infected again.

Even though the machine's treatment did not seem to help Demi's main issues, it seemed to have some very interesting insight into Demi's holistic health. The health practitioner was very sincere and involved during the entire 2.5+hr appt. I value her advice on supplements

I'll be sure to post with any additional developments in this area.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, I think your doing a fantastic job and should be proud of all you are helping your baby to achieve. I have a son with Kabuki - he's almost 12. We are with the American/Canada Kabuki email connection group and also with www.sakks.org the Australian support group. Can't do with out them. Hugs Kim and Family - Australia

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim!
I see your posts often on KSN! I've been following Jake for the last 5 yrs. :) I don't know where I'd be without all the support there. It helps me on a daily basis.

Thanks for stopping by!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! (You'll be there many hours before us!)

Debbie, Demi, and Family