Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Healing Powers

A couple of updates:
We went for a family bike ride yesterday and I took a spill. Not terribly serious, but painful nonetheless. I was going too fast, making a turn, and hitting a bump, all at the same time. I took the brunt of the impact in my hand/wrist/arm, then fell onto my elbow/forearm, and slid the rest of the way on my hip, across pavement. Although I had a good scrape on the heel of my hand, most of the pain was at the base of my thumb, just beside the scrape. It started going numb, swelling, and discoloring slightly. Once I got home, I put it in ice water, as much as I could stand for quite a while. My hand had no strength and I could barely move my thumb. From the way it felt and looked when I went to sleep, I expected to find a very swollen hand when I woke up.

Not so! This morning, it's basically fine. There's no swelling, only minor pain when I move it around, and no discoloration. I have a large spot on my hip (6" across) which should be bruised substantially, but there's only minor swelling and bruising there, from what I can see under the abrasions. I'm pretty surprised it's not worse than it is. I believe the NCD is helping my body heal faster. Granted, this is not a serious injury, but I really expected to be in quite a bit of pain today and I'm NOT!

About my aunt: She had surgery yesterday to remove her tumor. She's been on NCD for 4 weeks. The tumor was still there, so the surgeon removed it, although there were some difficulties with the removal. But some other points bear making: One of the reasons the surgeon removed the tumor was because my aunt was doing very well on the table. Her body, although 74 yrs old and suffering from various ailments (including heart problems), was withstanding the surgical invasion very well. Based on that strength, he continued with the operation. A second remarkable point was that they removed her ventilator immediately after surgery. And that's after having a difficult lung surgery!

I'm wondering if taking NCD for the last 4 weeks has somehow strengthened her body and immune system so she can better handle this surgical trauma. My stepmother's quickly healing toe comes to mind as well. What might NCD be healing that we never even know about??

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I've been reading your blog for a couple of weeks with great interest. I just started my 4 year old son with PDD-NOS and myself on NCD 4 days ago, and I find your observations very encouraging.

Debbie said...

Laurie,
Thanks for taking the time to post! I've often wondered if I'm the only reading my posts. ;)
I checked out your blog over at http://www.myspace.com/lobbastah.
It's great that you're seeing some subtle changes within just a few days. It sounds very much like my experience.
Have you seen the Yahoo! Group AutismNCD? GREAT information there. I can't keep up with all their messages. I've only seen one PDD-NOS poster over there, but there are probably other lurkers.
If you see good results, you could always add Waiora to your list of work-at-home businesses. You probably meet so many people with Pampered Chef that it would easy to mention NCD just in passing, without even trying to promote it. :)
I hope you start seeing some positive changes in Monkey soon.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie,
I first learned about NCD through an article at newstarget.com. When the article mentioned heavy metal detox, I googled NCD. I came across some message board where you had posted with a link to this blog. I think it was from here that I found AutismNCD and joined the group. Between you and the group, I was convinced to give NCD a try. My husband is very skeptical, even after I pointed him to many sources.
I have pretty much already decided that if we plan to use this product long term, it only makes sense to become a distributor, even if only for our own use. Once this first bottle starts getting low, I will have to decide whether to simply order another bottle and continue the "experiment" or commit to using it forever and become a distributor.
By the way, I think I saw somewhere that you're in the Atlanta area--I used to live down there (about 9 years ago), first near Duluth , later in Smyrna/Marietta, near Windy Hill Rd and Cobb Pkwy. That was a whole life ago, lol!
Hope you'll come back to my blog periodically, maybe we can compare notes. You can message me through myspace as well.
Thanks for the reply!
Laurie

Debbie said...

Laurie,
I will definitely check out your blog frequently to compare notes. (One thought which you probably already know: lots of water. :) )

Plus, even if you become a distributor, it's not a "lifetime" commitment. It's simply an economical way to get 4 bottles to continue your experiment. Since both of you are taking it, you'll use up 4 bottle in a couple of months if not sooner.

Once you believe in the product yourself, you'll find it's easy to tell others about it. Plus Waiora has many other great products that you can get at a discount, perhaps paid for by your distributorship. :)

By the way, I've faced that same skepticism you mentioned. Although he's still skeptical, my husband takes it as well because it keeps his mild heartburn at bay.

Here's to comparing notes!
Debbie