Sunday, January 18, 2009

More Slimy Ear

Since Demi has a history of "slimy ear" (fungal ear infection), I'll relate our latest episode.

A couple of weeks before Christmas, we ran out of ThreeLac, one of the supplements we use to fight yeast. Just three days later, Demi started complaining that her ear hurt.

Based on previous results, I immediately gave her some ibuprofen for pain and swabbed her ear with anti-fungal cream. That night, she woke up twice in quite a bit of pain. I comforted her as best I could, giving her a bit more ibuprofen and another swab each time.

The next morning, she was pain free and went to school as normal. (Good thing, since her big Christmas party was that day!) We continued that routine for the next couple of days. I thought it was taken care of.

A few days after stopping, the pain came back, in both ears this time. I repeated the same thing once again, but kept it up for a week after the pain dissapated.

No problems since.

No comments: