Friday, June 20, 2008

Ear Pain Lessened

Still haven't filled the prescription. (See the last ear post.)

The last post was on Monday; it's now Friday.
I got her back on her regular supplements, which include some yeast fighters, although I didn't double up on anything. We ran out of ThreeLac and I've not yet received the new, so she hasn't had that since Tuesday.

Although we have not seen any discharge, her pain continued Tues and Wed. I gave her acetominophen for the pain, every 4-6 hrs or so as she complained vehemently about her ear. The pain woke her up at night Monday and Tuesday.

Wednesday morning, I swabbed an antifungal cream into her ear. Something similar to Lotrimin. I swabbed it again Wednesday evening. Wednesday evening, she slept through the night without pain. No pain meds on Thursday. I swabbed again Thurday night. She slept well again Thursday night, with no pain since late Wednesday.

I'll continue the antifungal swabs for another several days to make sure it's gone. Not sure if it was the supplements or the antifungal cream which got it under control. I have used NO ANTIBIOTICS, so it wasn't swimmer's ear as diagnosed by the dr's office.

The last time I used an antifungal cream, we only did it once. The infection seemed to subside immediately, but I didn't believe that was the solution because we only did it ONCE. Yet, this time, the pain seemed to subside relatively quickly once the cream was introduced.

No comments: